27 August 2007

Larry's Party

First up, I changed my mind about blog titles. I'm going to include books as well as movies. And maybe even songs if they take my fancy. So there.

On Sunday evening, Andrew and I frocked up (well, I did, he didn't) to attend the 40th birthday celebrations of our dear friend Sharon, author of It's my party and I'll knit if I want to and Being Married and general cool chick.

The theme of the shindig was glamour, so naturally enough most of the guests turned up in jeans. Clearly they hadn't read the books we gave Sharon as a gift, the delicious Style and Occasions by that doyenne of fabulousness herself, Kate Spade.

I got to wear my new (vintage) snakeskin shoes that I accidentally bought one Friday lunchtime in the city. It's not my fault they were my size. Sadly, I can't walk in them. But I can stand and sit very stylishly in them, especially with a glass of champagne in my hand, and fortunately that was all I was required to do.

The presence of several babies under the age of two months also lowered the glamour quotient somewhat, I'm sorry to add. Especially when they vomited. However, Andrew very bitchily came up with a theory that someone we know might be having an affair, which made things a bit more exciting and grown-up again.

No comments: