26 February 2009

Sideways

Last weekend, we had Andrew's 40th birthday celebration (the non-family version). We went up to the Hunter Valley, had a dinner for 22 people at a reasonably good restaurant, and then most of us stayed at our friends' 'holiday' house (about three times the size of our 'non-holiday' house). Much fun was had by all ...

Yesterday was Phoebe's swimming carnival. She's on antibiotics for a chest infection, but that wasn't going to stop her for a moment. I still don't have a real camera (and yes, I am going to mention this EVERY time I post), but my new phone has a pretty impressive camera. This is young miss wrapped in her towel between races.


What else? Not much. I have been teaching a bit (fun, exhausting, etc); Andrew has started his new job at a Big Law Firm; Holden is at camp (AGAIN). Phoebe has extreme dental dramas but that's boring (as well as expensive).

Oh, and it was our wedding anniversary on Saturday too ... imagine my surprise when I woke up to find a BLUE BAG on my bedside table, next to my cup of tea. This is what was in it. I guess I'll have to stay married in case I get another blue bag next year.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

what exactly was inside the Blue Bag? Is it a ring? A bracelet? Can't see clearly from the photo, but I guess anything from Tiffany's is good. Glad no-one gives me anniversary presents in a Wendy's bag!

Tiffany said...

It's a ring that is actually two interlocking rings - very plain silver bands, but pretty. As you say, anything from Tiffany's is good. Quite loving some of the new Elsa Peretti baubles, but a little beyond our price range, what with dentist's bills and GFC ...

Wendy said...

lucky you! what is GFC?

Tiffany said...

Global Financial Crisis ...