06 February 2013

High Heels

Last Friday night, we had to go to birthday drinks for a family member. I was planning to wear my favourite mustard suede shoes, but it was pouring with rain and I didn't want them ruined. I pulled out another pair of heels - strappy black suede numbers that I've had (and worn) for years. I put them on. I tottered up the stairs to look in the mirror. Well, they looked just fabulous. But I realised as I stood there that I could no longer contemplate the thought of standing (not even walking) in them for the durations of 'drinks'. Once upon a time I could attend a wedding in them, right through to the dancing bit ...

I'm not ready to give up heels entirely. I just can't wear 4 inch stilettos anymore, it seems.

But that's OK, because I'm eyeing these Fluevogs as my new pair of boots for winter ...

Nuni (Brown)
Sexy? Nup. Elegant? I don't think so. Comfy? I'm betting so. 

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

And funky. These convey smarts and attitude, imho -- so they would suit you very well!

Tiffany said...

Smarts and attitude I value - so I think I had better get these :) Thanks for being an enabler, mater.