13 February 2013

The Wrong Trousers

I have a friend who has been trying to make me wear slouchy jersey pants for ages. She wears them and looks great. But she is over 6 foot tall, and most of her height is legs. I, on the other hand, am short, with short legs.

Finally, bored with my various skinny jeans and pants, I thought I'd dip a toe in by buying this very cheap pair from ASOS. 

Image 1 of ASOS Peg Trousers in Grey Marl
Things that make your hips look wider are unpopular with many women, I know, but if your body type is straight up and down (I believe the official name for my figure is Sausage), creating wider hips could possibly create the illusion of a waist, right?

Anyway, the pants arrived. I wore this with a blazer. I don't take photos of myself as a rule, but I wanted to see whether they actually looked ok. Obviously the photo is appalling. My left thigh has not benefited from the addition of a chair leg to its silhouette ... And excuse my hair, which hasn't been cut in months and seems to be growing directly outwards.

Kid 2 got home from school and said 'I love your pants, can I try them on?'

Kid 1 got home from school and said 'Mum, are you wearing trackies with heels?'

Hmmm.

11 comments:

materfamilias said...

I don't think the photo is appalling at all -- that's a really cute silhouette, imho. Did they feel good to wear?

Tiffany said...

Even comfier than yoga pants :)

Marnie said...

You pull it off very well : )

Tiffany said...

Thanks Marnie!

Weird in edgewise said...

My dear Tiffany, you are beautiful! Hardly a sausage, for goodness sake. You look tall and lovely. So there!

Tiffany said...

Thank you OWW :)

Norma said...

Actually, they look fantastic.

Norma said...

Actually, those look great on you. Nice buy.

Tiffany said...

Thanks Norma!

beyondbeige said...

You look lovely. So the question is why do we beat ourselves up?

Tiffany said...

Thanks, bb. I'm not really one for beating myself up - was just wondering if you can make that sort of silhouette work on my body type :)