14 March 2013

Love, Actually

Very little has been happening. And most of that which has been happening has not been good. I'll leave it there, shall I?

A bright spot on the horizon is the engagement party we are hosting this weekend. It's not a formal party at all, just a lunch in the garden. The happy couple got engaged when they were in Europe late last year, and I knew they wouldn't throw themselves a party, since they live in a tiny apartment (tinier even than our house). So I made the offer and they accepted. We don't know many of their other friends, but that's fine, since that way no one will mind if I'm in the kitchen much of the time!

We will be eating Bloody Mary sorbet, chilli crab and pannacotta with lychees. Now all I have to do is the shopping, cooking, cleaning and decorating ...

4 comments:

materfamilias said...

Wishing you lived much closer, you wild and generous caterer, you! ;-)

Tiffany said...

I wish I did too! I know Pater's a great cook, but I would be round plying you with food anyway :)

Mardel said...

Oh how wonderful of you. It sounds like a great gift and great fun, especially being able to hang out in the kitchen.

Tiffany said...

Thanks Mardel - I think it will be fun, once I Know I've got it under control. It's all the peripheral stuff, like making sure the house is spotless, that stresses me out - the cooking I enjoy!