21 November 2007

16 Candles





Plus another 24. So, yes, I turned 40. On Saturday my friends Casey, Jen, Justine, Sharon, Simone, Megan and Amy came over for lunch in the garden and we had a gorgeous afternoon. And I got lots of beautiful presents (artfully arranged by Jen the Stylist, of course).

On Sunday we headed over to Andrew's parents' place and had a picnic on the beach - Moet, prawns, oysters, etc - with family. Very civilised indeed, but I don't have any photos yet.

You may notice that there is a tiny Tiffany blue box in my stash pile - my mother gave me a beautiful little blue enamel pen from Tiffany & Co, which I shall probably rarely use outside the house for fear of losing it!

And I am also now the proud owner of a garden fishpond/bowl with a Tiffany blue interior, thanks to Casey (photos to come). We filled it with feng shui fish (7 gold, one black), who we called Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, but sadly Snow White has already gone to the big pond in the sky. Phoebe had a very touching burial service yesterday afternoon. I want to know if that means our feng shui is now BAD.

No comments: