06 July 2008

The Day After Tomorrow


The day after tomorrow is Holden's 11th birthday. Due to an ill-timed tantrum on his part, there is to be no party this year. This leaves me at something of a loss. Every July since he was a very very small person indeed there have been massive festivities, insane invitations, ridiculous cakes, wild sleepovers and a lot of preparations. We were going to have a sleepover plus 10-pin bowling and laser skirmish but, in a rage about something, he decided that it was stupid and he didn't want a party. Now, of course, he regrets it deeply, but we can't resurrect it.

We will, however, be having a birthday dinner. And there will be gifts, including (I know we will live to regret this) a drumkit.

Wondering why there is a picture of a Moreton Bay Bug on this post? That was dinner last night. They are expensive but delicious, especially with chermoula and couscous and harissa and eggplant.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Poor silly Hol! But I'm sure the birthday dinner will be great. I'll call him on 8th, before I drive back up to Kudat. Ah, those bugs! I remember when they were RM3-5 a kg here in KK. Now they go straight to the seafood restaurants and the only place I can find them if I'm lucky is Kudat.