23 October 2008

Breaking Glass

Three weeks ago I was complaining about it being hot. Today is has just reached a frigid 14 degrees (and it's wet and windy). This makes it even more unfortunate that during the holidays Holden managed to smash a window in the studio AND I haven't got around to having it replaced. My studio is usually easy to heat and a cosy place to work. Not right now.

Next Friday is Halloween, which I look forward to all year. A few years back (have I mentioned this before?), when I started organising trick or treating on our street, and a party at our house afterwards, you could only get a few Halloween themed things, even in the best party shops. Now they're everywhere, which makes me feel a bit like I don't want to do it anymore. I'll take solace in the fact that I am still the only person in our suburb who carves pumpkins and seriously decorates the house. Of course, it helps that our house is so decrepit that it doesn't take much to make it look haunted.

My usual Halloween partner-in-crime has rather selfishly had a baby recently, so I've now roped another victims, including a neighbour. She has committed to making a pumpkin pinata. Stay tuned.

And in other not-very-exciting-to-anyone-except-me news (which is my life in a nutshell), I am teaching Drama at Phoebe's school this term. I love being at school one day a week, and I'm hoping they'll get something out of it (other than laughing constantly, that is) ...

No comments: