22 May 2009

Thank God It's Friday


Another hectic but strangely uninteresting week. This is what I think of as 'boring busy' - flat-out with work and general domestic drudgery, rather than with anything exciting or fun.

I shouldn't whinge, though. I have been working in the city a couple of days a week for a client, and it's a pleasant change to have adult company. I do occasionally get bored of talking to the cats.

Mostly, the adult company and I talk about shopping. We agree that it's incredibly easy to buy shoes. We also agree that while it is apparently easy to buy lipstick, somehow when you get it home, the colour is never as fabulous as you thought in the shop. Is it how they light the cosmetic counters? Is this why I usually have at least 35 different lipsticks in my dedicated lippy drawer, but can never find the one I want?

All this talk of shopping naturally meant I had to get out and do some. As usual, I was overwhelmed. Too much stuff, too many people. I avoided the 'inappropriate panic shop' by instead doing the 'safe and uninteresting panic shop' - three 3/4 sleeve boat-neck t-shirts in different neutrals, a pair of dead plain black leather ballet flats and a little leopard print silk scarf.

I think part of my shopping paralysis is the Mutton issue. But on the other hand, I don't want to be middle-aged and boring (which is clearly where I'm heading).

Why can't I just wake up one morning and be Inès de la Fressange?

2 comments:

sallymandy said...

She looks fab. And I love your photo with your short haircut. You look fab in that!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I, too, have changed my shopping habits a lot because of the mutton issue. In fact, that's why I started a blog. Though I know next to nothing about the issue.

Happy Weekend. ♥ sallymandy

Imogen Lamport, AICI CIP said...

All you have to do is accessorise and have some attitude!

She's wearing fairly relaxed and casual clothes, but she's well groomed and has bracelets and a funky necklace on that finish her look.