06 September 2010

Saturday Night Fever

Kid 1 recently accused us of having a social life. He may almost be right, as we were out on Saturday night, so I didn't cook. I'm almost starting to miss it, Saturday's festivities being the antithesis of the tedious, slapdash weekday dinner. I know some people consider cooking the evening meal a good way to wind down from the work day, but it doesn't feel that way to me - I feel like it's just another thing on my endless 'to do' list. Perhaps I need to shift my perspective.

Today I am trying to finish writing an article on Islamic finance. It is a lovely spring day outside, and I'd much rather be mucking about in the garden, or doing yoga, or ... yes, I'd much rather be doing ANYTHING than working on this particular job.

Even worse, tomorrow we have a studio shoot for the magazine and I have to be photographed. What on earth will I wear? Just the thought is making my skin blotchy. I hope they are liberal with the Photoshop in post-production.

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

so what did you wear? such a glam life! ;-)