14 March 2008

Bad News Bears


For reasons known only to my 10-year-old self, I quite wanted to be Tatum O'Neal. Be careful what you wish for, as they say. Instead, I managed to end up married to a look-alike of Billy Bob Thornton, who starred in the most recent version of the movie. Go figure.

I never played baseball as a kid. Actually, anyone who knows me knows that I avoided all sport, at all costs. It mystifies me that Holden is a sporty, sporty kid. But I guess he does have some non-me genes in him, after all. And his baseball team is in the grand final again this year. Last year's grand final was a complete nailbiter (they won); I don't think I can go through that again ...

And yesterday Hol ran his school cross country and got through to the next stage - a run at King's School in a couple of weeks.

No comments: