23 March 2008

How to Make an American Quilt

I mentioned in my last post that I had been sewing and that I hate sewing. I hate sewing because it is something I feel that I ought to be good at, and I'm not. I have no sewing sense.

But I am nevertheless making a patchwork quilt for a baby, and Phoebe decided to get in on the action and make one too. Now I hate sewing even more because my 7-year-old came up with a design that is a perfect pattern, in about 10 minutes. I, on the other hand, spent ages moving bits of fabric around, and mine still looks like a dog's breakfast. I'll post photos when they're closer to done.

Today the kids have gone to the Royal Easter Show with Andrew's parents. They will be home shortly, high on sugar and dead tired, no doubt, lugging showbags full of rubbish that I will have to stealthily bin or send to Vinnies.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Can't wait to see Phoebe's design!