31 March 2008

Working Girl


Do you remember that movie? Sigourney Weaver as the ball-breaker, and Melanie Griffith as the completely unbelievable Bimbo With Brain (and hair and squeaky voice). For some reason it came back to me as I was aimlessly thinking about shoes and whether to dye my hair, while also drafting some very serious and urgent financial services copy relating to those pesky credit crises besetting global markets ... I can't say I'd describe myself as having a head for business and a bod for sin (wasn't that the line?) but it is funny how one can be both idiotic/vacuous and also serious professionally.

1 comment:

Wendy Hutton said...

thanks for the great Linda Grant website. I'm going to play with this when I've finished being serious for the day. Not weighty financial matters like you, but the rainforest and its inhabitants. And I'll stop at noon to make a salad with my favourite seaweed, vegetarian grapes, found in the pasar this morning.