16 May 2008

Fun with Dick and Jane

Because this is MY blog, I can be as nasty as I like. My blog is the dullest blog in the world, as we know. Winner of the dullest baby names in the world is jointly awarded to my brother-in-law and his wife. Not content with naming their two daughters according to whatever name was Top of the Pops in the year of their birth, they've now produced a son (perhaps they will stop breeding now or at least have a five-minute break?) who they are calling Thomas. Obviously it's not a BAD name, it's just breathtakingly BORING.

Yes, yes, we get to name our own children, they have a perfect right, blah blah blah. But they were talking about some more interesting names, like Rory or Felix ... clearly that was all just a decoy.

Mind you, it's obviously genetic. After all, my mother-in-law named my husband ANDREW. You don't get duller than that. (This is a test to see if spouse is reading the blog.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think for really dull names, that half brother of yours in the U.S. really takes the froth.

Tiffany said...

Your own name? Surely not Nathan and Lauren - they're great names!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was just having a laugh at my name, which in comparison to Jeremy and Sasha always seemed a little vanilla.
Candidly, I think your kids's names strike a nice balance-- memorable but not completely out in left field.
Do you think Gladys or Mortimer will ever make a comeback? They say names cycle in popularity, but I'm guessing those two were non-starters even the first time around.
Yes, I'm facing a boring work project, and shamelessly wasting time.
Hope all is well.

Jules said...

i love the name thomas. but i have an interesting name so perhaps you will let me get away with saying that.