02 May 2008

Lars and the Real Girl

Last night, after one of the most hideous work days I've had in a long time, Andrew and I WENT TO THE MOVIES. Wow. This is a huge treat for us, as it only happens about twice a year. We do watch lots of films, but normally on DVD, on the couch, with Phoebe shouting from her room 'Why can't I watch it?'.

We saw Lars and the Real Girl, which was wonderful. It was funny and kind, without sliding into American schmaltz. I loved it.

Being in a dark cinema for two hours is a great way to stop thinking about things that are annoying you. I still have too much work and not enough time, but the sun is shining, it's Friday, ... actually, now it's Saturday. I ran out of time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tiff:
If you want to see a riveting movie, rent "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead." It's not quite as stylized as "No Country for Old Men" (which I seem to recall was on your must see list), but is every bit as gripping. And you just can't go wrong with Phillip Seymour Hoffman.