23 February 2010

10

Since I am, albeit undeservedly, on Imogen's blogroll, I'll do the 10 Things About Me:

1. I can lift and wiggle my eyebrows individually (or in different directions at once), which has proven to be an underrated talent, extremely good for amusing children and/or expressing disdain. I can't say it's a lucrative skill, though.

2. As well as hypermobile eyebrows, I have hypermobile joints, which means I am weirdly bendy and - at my tender age - already have arthritis.

3. I have an extreme fear of heights. Standing on a chair is about my limit. Every so often I have a go at dealing with it, but it always comes back (even worse).

4. I also have a strong aversion to being upside down. This hinders my yoga practice, so this year my yoga ambition (although not sure you should be 'ambitious' in yoga) is to master some inversions.

5. I love clothes and shoes, but I HATE shopping for them.

6. I have worked as a university tutor/lecturer, primary school teacher, legal book editor, artist's model (yup, try that for body acceptance) and corporate copywriter, amongst other odds and sods. These days I am mostly a copywriter.

7. My children's names both come from Catcher in the Rye. Two of our pets are named from To Kill a Mockingbird.

8. I have hazel eyes, but when I was a child, my brother used to tell people that I had 'weasel' eyes. He was probably just jealous because his are BROWN.

9. My favourite rom com is When Harry Met Sally.

10. I re-read Pride and Prejudice once a year, usually in winter - call it 'comfort reading'.

No comments: