17 February 2010

Office Space


Really, there is a movie called Office Space that had Jennifer Aniston in it. Who'da thunk it ...

So, my prolonged absence and my excuses for it? Yeah, you know, busy. Getting settled into the routine of the new school year, FINALLY getting the library shelves finished (unpacking and sorting hundreds of books), and getting set up in my NEW office. Plus the weather in Sydney has been so disgusting - wet, humid, hot - that all I would have done if I'd blogged is complain about that ... which I'm managing to do anyway.

Back to the 'office', which isn't a very accurate description. I have a desk in a share studio in Balmain, a couple of suburbs away. The front of the space is actually a photographic studio - this afternoon as I was leaving to get home post-school, I walked past a topless girl being made up in our coffee area, as you do - and six or seven of us have cubicles in the back part. It's all photographers, so I'm the odd one out. So far I'm quite liking it. It is better than working in the garage.

Enough about work. Today I went to get my hair done and popped into a new vintage (hmmm, nice oxymoron there) shop next to the salon. I tried on this fantastic 60s dress that made me look like I have a tiny waist (truth is, I am more or less straight up and down) and even a bosom. Brilliant. Except I couldn't breathe or sit down, so I reluctantly had to pass on it ... Damn.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Omigod! the dress and particularly the hairstyle take me back to the early '60s, before we all went Mary Qant in the Swinging Sixties. Such a pretty colour, that dress. Keep looking, you'll find one you can actually move in one day. Glad to see your blog back.

Tiffany said...

Ma, that's a pic from the series Mad Men - all lush styling and 60s ad agency politics. I couldn't wear that colour, and I certainly don't have that figure, but I'm sure I'll find myself something one of these days ...