22 February 2010

End of Days

Late February is a funny time of year. It's nearing the end of summer (although yesterday was 34 degrees, so felt like the MIDDLE), the kids are definitely back in the school groove, it's getting light later in the mornings.

The last of the 'new year' feeling has definitely worn off. But this year feels like a very different year to me. I suppose it is in lots of ways: we are in a new house; our oldest is in high school; I am working in a new studio, instead of in my little shed in the back garden. Change, new routines. All good, but making me aware of how quickly things pass.

Ok, before I get all nostalgic and maudlin, I'll change topics. On Saturday afternoon, I had to go to my office to pick up some files, and on the way back I popped in to some secondhand markets, on the lookout for an old desk. No luck. But I did spy a cute pair of shoes; and then a caramel/tan leather jacket. It's not my fault they were both my size, is it?

They will definitely feature in my winter wardrobe. When I told my brother I'd bought a leather jacket, he said 'Don't you have one already?'. I had to explain to him that what I already have is a red leather COAT and a brown SUEDE coat, but not a caramel/tan leather jacket. He gave me that look.

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

Ooooh, I'm envious! I bought my daughter a great little caramel leather jacket (from the Gap) for her b.d. last month, and have been wishing for one ever since. Didn't seem right to play copycat.

Tiffany said...

Mater, I think you should feel free to play copycat, but never to wear it at the same time ... My daughter has instructed me to keep the jacket until she grows into it (which is probably only a few years away)!

Wendy said...

I'm glad to hear that my daughter and son are both behaving in their traditional manner. J giving you "that look" and you finding an incredible bargain that no doubt looks fab on you.