22 March 2011

Lady in Red


I have never been drawn to the loafer (like 'the short'?). And yet, I came upon these photos (Lanvin, can't remember where from) and suddenly I Want Those Shoes. To be worn without socks ... just like that. Of course, I couldn't actually wear a dress that short, so I'm not sure what I'd wear them with. But still ...

And then there's the red jeans issue. I keep seeing them and reading about them and now I really want some. I wouldn't wear them with stripes - too corny - but maybe with a camel/tan/khaki t-shirt and ballet flats. Hmmm. I've been described as 'a pixie' and 'elfin' before, so perhaps red jeans would just make me look like one of Santa's Little Helpers. That would not be a good look.

3 comments:

Susan B said...

The shape of the toe box is what makes those shoes. They're more feminine, yet more edgy. Luff dem! (As FF would say.)

I'm enjoying seeing others in red jeans, but am going to take a pass myself. For me, they'd be too hard to work into my regular color scheme.

materfamilias said...

I like the way you'd style red jeans -- we're seeing these on men of a certain age (and younger) in Paris -- also purple, gold, rust -- with otherwise classic/conservative casual clothes. Very convincing. Very cool.
I also like these loafers, but can't do bare (mine are so white) legs with shoes, never could.

Tiffany said...

Pseu, you're absolutely right about the toe box, of course. I didn't realise, but now you point it out, it makes complete sense.

I think I could work red jeans in with tops I already have - they would really just be a bit of fun, for those times when I feel like breaking out of my rather conservative box!

Mater, I probably shouldn't wear the sockless shoe either as I am dreadfully pale too - but I love the look.

And how lovely of you to stop by when you've got much more fun things to do, like people watching in Paris! Purple, gold and rust sound gorgeous. Dying to see pics ...