28 March 2011

Saturday Night Fever

On Saturday night I catered a cocktail party for 60 people. Actually, I think there were about 70 (10 too rude to RSVP in time), so I spent the first part of the evening worrying about whether there would be enough food. I have never knowingly undercatered in my life ... Turned out there was plenty.

This is what they had:

- Moroccan meatballs with yoghurt + garlic + mint dip
- Spicy chicken wings
- Gougeres (yes, I do them every time)
- Sushi (bought as replacement for the salt cod croquettes that FAILED)
- Steamed pork & prawn dumplings (also bought)
- Tarts with goat's cheese, caramelised onion and thyme
- Pumpernickel with smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers + dill
- Water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, brushed with soy and cooked in oven
- Grilled chorizo slices topped with a prawn and a dollop of smoked paprika mayonnaise
- Frittata squares

And two mini desserts - tarts with lemon curd (home made) and Turkish Delight (bought).

It's now Monday and I finally feel like I might be able to approach the kitchen again (we ate out last night).

Note to self: Don't wear heels when you're going to be working on your feet for 8 hours straight, not even your most comfortable Clarks. You will regret it.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

and you say you're not an athlete! Besides your yoga, you could cook for Australia in the next Olympics!

Tiffany said...

Thanks mater! One of my assistants on the night said 'I don't know how you do this and stay so calm' but the funny thing was I didn't FEEL calm. I did get quite a sense of accomplishment from it though, once my poor feet had recovered.