20 October 2011

Three Colours: Red

1. The colour you decide you want your hair to be (above) after reaching the boredom threshold with grey, and with people assuming you're 10 years older than you are. (Yes, I know I don't look like Karen Gillan ...)

2. The colour you pick from the swatch book, which you think is the same as 1. above.

3. The colour you end up with, which is too dark, too pink and remarkably unflattering.

See, this is why I grew out the grey in the first place ... the last time I had it coloured it was awful; this time it's almost as bad. The decent colourist I did have moved on and I'm having no luck finding a replacement.

Sigh. Now I have to wait a few weeks and try again.

4 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Oh dear - I've had a few bad dye jobs in my time - how long will it take to grow/wash out?

Tiffany said...

TNMA, I think as my hair is so very short that I can probably get it redone in about three weeks. But right now I'm sorely tempted to go somewhere else and get the full remedial job where they strip the colour and start again ...

Rubi said...

I'd probably do the remedial treatment. It's hard to wait, and our hair has such an impact on how we feel about ourselves... When I get a bad haircut, I usually go back and ask for a redo, or find another stylist and get it sorted out.

Red's a tricky color. But so is a good, natural-looking blonde -- even for those of us who are (mostly) naturally blonde.

I really need some highlights, but because I'm in the land of (mostly) non-natural blondes, I'm feeling a little wary. I wonder if I can hold off until Xmas.

Tiffany said...

Thanks Rubi. I generally more or less hate my hair, so this is just a slightly extreme case :) I also abhor going to the hairdresser, so the thought of spending more hours while they strip and try to fix my colour isn't very appealing. But I probably will end up doing it when I can find the time, because at the moment I feel like walking around with a paper bag over my head!

Xmas is a long time to hold off! Maybe you'll find someone good there?