11 January 2013

Back to the Future

Another year already? That went fast.

There will be a few changes for us this year. Kid 2 (below, ready for school disco) starts high school in 3 weeks, leaving the primary school that we, as a family, have been part of for 10 years. I've also taught there, in some capacity or another, for 7 years. There were tears on Kid 2's last day. And there have been some more tears since. She is so worried about high school - will she be smart enough, will she make friends, will she fit in? Of course we make reassuring noises, but she won't believe us till it happens.

Kid 1? I just want to know who created 15-year-old boys and when I'm going to get my son back. Also, why did neither of my children inherit my tidy gene? (In Cadets uniform, below. He has since cut off all his hair.)


Speaking of people without tidy genes, Spouse is starting his MBA this year. And doing some teaching. That's in addition to his full-time job. It's just as well he doesn't do much domestically for me to miss! I expect there will be a couple of triathlons and at least one marathon in there too.


And me? I think I'm the family under-achiever. I loved my gig as the school Art Teacher last year (wall of colour from the Art Show I organised, above), but this year is the music year, so it's not there for me. But from Term 2 I may be running after-school art classes. And of course my usual copywriting work, which is not very interesting or fulfilling, but is a financially necessary evil.

This year I start new yoga classes, after being dumped by my private yoga teacher mid-way through last year. Not joking, I was dumped. By text. With not even a 'namaste' to soften the blow. And then I couldn't find a class at a time I could manage, but I've signed up for one now, starting on the 31st of the month. Fingers - and various limbs - crossed that it's a good one.

OK, I've now bored myself to death. Best go and do something productive.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

Your youngsters are fabulously good-looking, you know?
Sounds as if your yoga teacher was not quite bowing to the divine in you . . . hope the new one works out. So much depends on personality, doesn't it, never mind the kind of yoga. . .

Tiffany said...

Thanks, mater. I think they're pretty cute, but it would be fair to say I'm biased.

As for the yoga teacher, the one-on-one was a funny thing, and I'd felt for some time that she wasn't entirely comfortable. Now I'm ready to move on!

And good luck with your marathon aspirations this year!!!