03 April 2008

The Devil Wears Prada

I don't.

I did buy a Veronika Maine dress a month or so ago (the first one in the Winter 2008 campaign), thinking it could form a useful part of my winter work wardrobe. This morning I put it on for the first time, and Andrew's comment was 'it looks homemade'. It's hard when the insults start before 7am. Holden tried to make it up to me by saying he liked it because it's 'plain'. Phoebe didn't say anything, which is the worst possible sign.

I'm wearing it anyway. Maybe it needs a belt to highlight my non-waist.

I think I'll go back to my default mode of not thinking about clothes at all.

2 comments:

Wendy Hutton said...

where's a photo of you in the dress? what I've seen on the VM website is gorgeous, so understated. Belts and/or chunky necklaces should give any "plain" dress a boost. (Not that I'm a fashion expert!)

Tiffany said...

No photos of me. They are banned from the blog. Looked for a belt at lunchtime (five minutes ago) and couldn't find one ...