15 April 2009

Boogie Nights


Today I took a look inside the house I posted about.

Goodness me, the 70s was a different era, wasn't it? The house, which is not especially large (unless compared to our current box), has two bars - one on each level. You know, in case you need to entertain but walking downstairs is Just Too Hard.

But the piece de resistance for me, the bit I completely fell in love with, was the black and white funky/graphic wallpaper inside one wardrobe. It took me a moment to realise that the images were topless women. I'd love to see if I could find a similar image, but I'm afraid of Googling anything with 'topless women' in it.

PS. WOW. I just Googled 70s wallpaper and HERE IT IS. Seriously, this is THE wallpaper. Oh my lord.

Running a close second were the saloon doors separating the upstairs bar from the rest of the rumpus floor ... It's not often you find saloon doors in a house these days.

As the agent said to me 'You'd need to have at least one 70s themed party before you redecorated'. Who knew I'd ever agree with someone who was born in the 80s ...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I promise you I NEVER had anything like that wallpaper, though I seem to recall half-sized swing or saloon doors as well as giant normal doors (never closed) in your bedroom in the Malcolm Rd house (and that was pure British Southeast Asian Colonial). How astonishing, though, that you found the identical paper when doing a websearch!

Tiffany said...

Hey, I remember those doors now. Trust me, this place is 70s rather than colonial ... Maybe Malcolm Rd was a winning combo of the two? Agree about the wallpaper, especially as it came up STRAIGHT away. Spooky.