14 April 2009

Bride of Frankenstein


So there I was at the plastic surgeon this morning, having things cut out of my face. I now look like I have flies stuck on my face randomly - stitches. Ick, I know. But not nearly as ick as the admin staff. They are all women of a certain age (which ALWAYS means older than oneself, of course), all with snooty accents and a patronising manner. But even worse, they have all had 'work' (as you do when you work in one of these places, since you get it cheap).

It's not the fact of the work that bothers me, really - it's that they've all had the currently fashionable 'filling' stuff done, and they all look slightly bloated, a little simian around the lower face. Perhaps if it had just been one of them, I wouldn't have noticed, but as I sat waiting, I observed three of them, all with the same odd effect. Did they look 'younger'? No. Did they look 'fresher'? No. Did they look 'better'? Not to me. Obviously you need Madonna's plastic surgeon to get the good version.

By the way, this is the least scary picture of JW that I could find.

No comments: