01 April 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding


I am quite aware that it would be impossible to walk in these shoes. But aren't they amazing? I think I read a comment from someone, somewhere, saying that they'd put them on a shelf to display instead of wearing them (if they could afford them, which is another matter altogether).

I have realised that my interest in clothes and shoes is entirely seasonal. I hate summer fashion, being a pale-skinned, freckly person who doesn't look good in shorts and has an allergy to summer frocks. Winter is another matter altogether. Boots, scarves, hats, trousers, woollen things and darker colours ... all good.


And now I have to take that all back because I bought a very green, very 'spring-ish' dress at Akira last week, to wear to my friend Phil's wedding. It's the same fabric as this dress, but it's just a plain sleeveless shift, without the sculptural stuff at the top. To cover my tuckshop lady arms, I shall wear a vintage lace jacket that belonged to Andrew's grandmother.

No comments: