28 April 2009

The Craft


I read this post with some amusement. While I love to make things (when I'm not too busy/tired/sulky/lazy), I am extremely cautious about a) wearing stuff I've made and b) going to places full of people who like to make things.

I think the message is: just because you CAN sew/knit/applique/felt/bead, etc, doesn't mean you should. Especially not all on the same garment. Or the same person, for that matter.

Which leads me to another 'craft' thing I do not understand - knitted 'washcloths'. (What are they, anyway? Are they facecloths or things you use for washing dishes?) If you have pretty or interesting yarn, make a scarf. If you have boring but serviceable yarn, make a simple cardigan or a weekend jumper. Make socks, if you must. And please, do not EVER mention knitted undergarments. I hope I don't need to explain myself.

No comments: