23 June 2009

The Blair Witch Project


This year, for Holden's birthday, we are once again going camping at the Basin. This photograph shows what happened LAST TIME I took a bunch of feral 9-year-olds camping. My elbow is dislocated and I'm only smiling because I have had lots of painkillers and am about to eat chocolate. This time they are 12-year-olds, so I assume I will either escape injury or do something more spectacular.


Last time we (my friend Jen and I) constructed the cake there (do you know how HARD that is?!) ... Lord knows what we're going to do this time.

Today's project, once I've finished work, is to figure out an invitation. For birthday number nine, I made miniature sleeping bags with a cutout of Holden's head sticking out the top ... I don't even have photos!


But while I was looking, I found this photo of the terrible twosome, just before the birthday. Holden looks much the same, but Phoebe has now lost all her baby-ness. Sigh.

No comments: