25 June 2009

Short Cuts

Yesterday, when I had met my most urgent deadlines (but possibly not done ALL the work I could have), I went up the road to get my hair done. I was just going to have the regrowth coloured. Then I said 'and while you're at it, cut it all off again'. I have horrid hair, which has been in a sort of messy bob arrangement for a while. It's not curly enough or straight enough to be much of anything except frumpy. And I haven't the patience for mucking about with straighteners all the time.

And now, hurrah, it's back to my favourite style. Super short (like in my profile photo), dark brown. No fuss. My neck may be a little chilly, but that's what scarves are for, right? It may be boring, but at least I know it works for me ... For a while there I was listening to the advice that says you have to go lighter as you get older. I tried highlights and all the rest of it, and frankly it just made me look like my mother-in-law.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

I love your hair in that profile pic! Great to know what works for you, and once you know, why defer to other folks' opinion?

Tiffany said...

Thank you! I guess that's got to be one of the advantages of getting older - working out what suits you, no matter what other people might recommend!