30 July 2009

The Matrix


I taught today, which was a fun end to the week (and got my mind off the damn house). The class is the one Holden used to be in, so I've known these kids well since they were 5-year-olds. They are now all hurtling towards adolescence at breakneck speed ...

As I was striding through the playground - in leather coat and sunglasses, because winter here is slightly chilly and very bright - to take the naughtiest boy in the school into 'the Orange Room' (as lunchtime detention is known), he looked at me and said 'You know, Ms H, you look like Trinity in The Matrix in that coat'. I pointed out that my coat is a dark red, not black. 'Yeah', he said, 'but still way cool.'

If the Naughtiest Boy in the School thinks my coat is 'way cool', who am I to argue?

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

That's a compliment to treasure! I'd be walking several inches taller if I were you!

Tiffany said...

Absolutely! Give me Trinity any day over the Lara Crofts and others of her ilk!