18 December 2009

The Gift

A while back Duchesse blogged about Veronique Miljkovitch, a Canadian fashion designer.

I was instantly enamoured of her clothes, but she doesn't have an online shop, so I was going to shrug and do something else when I decided I'd just email and ask. Veronique came straight back to me to say she'd happily send stuff to me in Australia. So I ordered these.



The dress is in a sort of donkey grey; the top in a delicious purply burgundy (I love the blue, but it's not one of my colours).

Soon after I'd ordered them, mater posted about gifts 'to me, from me'. That made me feel a little bit better about spending money on clothes when I should be buying Christmas gifts and finishing a house ...

They arrived this morning. They are absolutely gorgeous. I had that thought, as you do, when looking at the clothes on a model, 'oh, they won't look as good on me'. They do. I love the dress so much I am going to wear it just to do my day-to-day stuff today.

4 comments:

Susan B said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear they worked out for you. I've been so tempted to order that "amber" top...

Wendy said...

I absolutely adore the dress, and the top's lovely too. If only the dress came with longer sleeves (to cover upper arms that don't look at all like Michelle Obama's). Selamat pakai!

materfamilias said...

I soooo love both of those, especially the dress. And I'm wondering why I didn't follow up, as you did, and order it -- and you managed to order it from continents and oceans away! In fact, I'm so smitten again, I'm thinking of recently purchased items I'd return if only . . .
And I'm so glad you're working the dress into the rotation right away for day-to-day instead of waiting!

Tiffany said...

Pseu and mater, I think you should order the things you want right away! I know it's shallow of me, but wearing a great dress put me in a happy mood all day yesterday, even if Holden said 'Mum, you're dressed up', and the builders said 'Tiff, where are you going?'. Ma, I don't especially like my arms either, but life's too short ...