07 June 2011

Paper Moon

On weekends, I'm normally cooking and cleaning and sometimes working. Last weekend I did something a little different. On Sunday I left the laundry unsorted and went to a paper workshop with a friend. It was presented by Japanese paper artist (and architect) Yoshinobu Miyamoto. Although the workshop part was actually a little frustrating (big group, little autonomy), his work and ideas were fantastic.



What we made was a smaller version of this:



I came home, neglected to cook dinner, and made this with my business cards (yeah, much better than giving them to clients):


Sometimes my house is a little like a sheltered workshop ... I now have this idea of making a sphere in graduating colours using paint chips.

It's true, I can get a little odd when it's deadline time.

2 comments:

Mardel said...

I LOVE that. And yes it is a good use of business cards.

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Mardel - I love it too!