12 January 2010

New Year

Happy New Year. It has been an extended absence. I have many excuses. First, it was Christmas. Then we moved house. I would just like to mention that moving house between Christmas and New Year is not necessarily conducive to a peaceful move. We were busy Christmas Eve (I roasted a duck in my new kitchen – I WORSHIP my new oven), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the 27th (our annual Chilli Crab fest, with a record attendance of 26 people); on the 28th we had the day to pack for our move on the 29th.

Most of our lives – and all of our books – are still in boxes, but we finally handed back the keys to the old house on the 9th of January. The new house is still total chaos. So we have run away to Jervis Bay for a few days, with some close friends.

I have been relaxing in my own special way. This has consisted of: 1. Doing a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle in slightly over 24 hours; 2. Working all day today (don’t ask); 3. Cooking. Sometimes. Fortunately my friend Jen also cooks, so we are managing to share in an amicable fashion. 4. Drinking plenty of wine.

2009 was a year of many changes for my family. I think 2010 will see many more changes, but also a lot of settling in. I may develop a proper blog habit; I may give it up altogether. I’m trying to go with the flow a little more. To any who knows me, this no doubt sounds like a joke – I am a hardened control freak. But hey, maybe I can change?

4 comments:

materfamilias said...

Happy New Year! Glad to have you back and pleased that you survived the move so well -- sounds like sheer craziness to me, sandwiched between all that holiday entertaining. Hope you do keep blogging, but at your own pace. . .

Tiffany said...

Hi Mater! It's nice to be back - I've been catching up on my blog reading as well, and happy to see everyone in fine spirits. It has been a most peculiar experience being thrown out of my regular habits, but I think I'll find my groove again eventually!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new house Tif, and a Happy New Year. I do hope you keep up with the blog: I always enjoy reading about what you and the family are up to.

Cheers.

BTW, did you get the photos I emailed?

Wendy said...

If you get the photos from Mark, can you please on-mail them to me? Don't give up your blog, please. It's a way of getting to know what's going on with y'all.