22 January 2010

Sherlock Holmes

Due to popular demand (that's one brother and one mother), I will try to keep blogging, noting the random banal moments that make a life.

The kids go back to school next week - Holden to high school and Phoebe into Year 4. I don't feel old enough to have a kid in high school, although I certainly look it ...

Every year since Holden started school we have taken a photo of the kids on the front steps on the first day of school. Our new house doesn't have front steps (although I do have a white picket fence), so it's going to be quite different. Andrew suggested we move to elsewhere in the house. I said this would be sacrilege.

So Thursday next week, expect photos of Holden and Phoebe in front of the red door, ready for a fresh new school year. The other day a box of textbooks arrived for Holden - he has read The Hound of the Baskervilles and is about to start Of Mice and Men. Today we bought stationery.

I am not going back to school this year, but I'm thinking about it for next year ... Only so I can buy stationery, of course.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

Hey, I'm "demanding" as well . . . Glad to see you back! Hope you're settling into your new place well and it's beginning to feel like home.

Wendy said...

Wonderful to know you'll keep on blogging. I really look forward to seeing the photo of Holden & Phoebe in front of the Mary Street house.