10 April 2010

April Showers


As I mentioned on Sunday, I hosted a baby shower on the weekend. About 30 seconds after I guessed my friend was pregnant, I said 'Are you going to have a baby shower?'. She looked at me in that special way she does (downwards - she's over 6 foot and I'm 5 foot 4 when I stand up straight) and said 'nup'. Let's say I talked her round ...

So, it was an afternoon tea of sorts:

Gougeres
Savoury millefeuilles with creme fraiche, cheddar, quince paste (homemade!) & walnuts
Chicken sandwiches
Tarts with smoked salmon, creme fraiche & dill
Tarts with roasted cherry tomatoes & parmesan
Macarons (bought)
Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
Lemon curd tarts topped with passionfruit
Fresh fruit
Tea
Champagne
Sparkling grape juice

I like savoury food better than sweet. I think it worked - I got several requests for recipes on Monday, so that must be a good sign.

We played some silly games, and a lovely time was had by all. I was so busy I totally neglected to take proper photographs, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

Looks like such good fun! But how did you find any time to be sick?

Tiffany said...

Fortunately I timed my illness for Thursday/Friday, leaving me a whole day (!) to prepare for the baby shower. If I had been well I'd have been gradually doing bits and pieces, but as it was I settled for a day and a half of totally frenzy!