19 November 2010

Birthday Girl

It was my birthday yesterday. Kid 2 bounded into my room at 5.30am, dying to shower me with gifts and affection. I confess I asked for 15 more minutes of shut-eye. Once I'd had it, and a cup of tea, I was ready ... She had written and illustrated a story for me about an ancient Egyptian cat-god, featuring both of our cats. Bless.

It was an uneventful but pleasant day - I had my yoga class, I worked. I had lunch with my mother, then she cooked a lovely dinner at our place - chicken roasted with 40 cloves of garlic, salad, potatoes. I made a flourless chocolate almond cake for dessert, served with whipped cream. It's all about the food ...

And tomorrow it is my mother's birthday. She is still in town, so we will all go out for dinner (see, food again). I bought her a necklace of coin pearls in NYC that I've already given her - maybe she will wear them to dinner.

5 comments:

Susan B said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Pseu!

Rubi said...

Many Happy Returns!

materfamilias said...

Oh dear, I'm soooo belated. I was late when you posted that your birthday was yesterday which must have been my day before yesterday, right? And by now you're on today's tomorrow or something and both your birthday and your mother's are but memory. Still, Happy to You!!
btw, you might tell your husband, the runner, that we just got 5-10 cm. of slushy snow dumped all over the course I'm registered to run tomorrow! Fun!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Rubi! And thanks mater - belated is good, it extends the birthday ... I passed on your slushy snow story to the running man and he shuddered!