21 February 2008

The Anniversary Party

The best thing about that movie (apart from Jennifer Jason Leigh, who is always amazing) was that it made everybody else's marriage look vaguely functional.

There's nothing like married life to make you realise that 10 years is actually quite a (bloody) long time. According to my friend Sharon's book about marriage, it gets better after 10 years. Is it just me, or is that what you call very, very delayed gratification?

I did get some lovely flowers sent to me at work. By my husband. I suspect they were designed to make me feel embarrassed on the bus home.

AND this evening we are going out somewhere which has been kept a great secret from me. Even Holden knows where we are going, but I am in the dark. Naturally I have nothing to wear.

It occurs to me that I should post some photos from our wedding, when we were young and pretty. Ok, we were young. But it was such a long time ago that I've only got prints and ... negatives. Yes, yes, I will have to use a scanner.

PS I was told to mention on this blog that this person is lovely. She is.

No comments: