28 February 2008

My Life without Me

It's not often Andrew decides he wants to watch a tear-jerker, but he did last night. I cried enough to put me off my knitting, but mostly because I know that if I had two months to live, I wouldn't have both Scott Speedman and Mark Ruffalo as consolation ...

Back to My Life with Me.

After my whinge on Tuesday, I got a call from school at 6.55am on Wednesday to ask if I could help out. Bearing in mind that I have several pressing (crushing?) deadlines for writing work, naturally I said yes. A few hours of kid-wrangling was exactly what I needed - I got back to my desk at lunchtime and finished one of the writing jobs that had been hanging over me.

Last night Phoebe and I had to pick Andrew up from UTS, where he's tutoring one evening a week, so we decided to have dinner at the sushi train nearby. Phoebe carefully removed everything from her sushi and ate the rice. This is why we miss Holden - usually they are a perfect sushi-sharing team - he eats the fish, she eats the rice.

Hol will be back from camp this afternoon. I hope the weather hasn't made it a misery.

No comments: