12 February 2008

Lord of the Flies

I know, I know, I've been very, very slack. I explained to the one person who reads this blog that nothing had been happening, except work. Her response was 'Nothing ever happens, but that doesn't usually stop you writing'. Well. She's right, of course.

Title of the blog? Much as I think Hol looks gorgeous in his new school uniform, there is something strangely menacing about a swarm of small boys all dressed exactly the same. Especially when they are wearing ties.

Apparently Phoebe managed to swim 50m at her school swimming carnival this morning. Champion. I probably couldn't manage 50m.

Valentine's Day is approaching. Usually I make something for both the kids' classes, but now that Holden is at a boys' school, I think it might be just a bit too embarrassing for him if I turn up with a box of heart shaped fudge. On the one hand, this is a good thing, as it means less work for the sheltered workshop that is my dining table. On the other, it's a bit sad. Hol used to like having the crazy mum who brought things in for Valentine's, Easter, birthday, Halloween and Christmas ... Fortunately Phoebe is still totally supportive of my insanity, so we have been making little boxes to fill with lollies - I will photograph them and post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your blog too! (and not just because I haven't got anything better to do!). I'd write a blog but I really would bore people to tears. I'll stick to designing. Alex is the writer. He has a blog www.ranges.blogspot.com which covers some of what we get up to, but can be a little left of centre sometimes. Viewer Discretion is Advised.

Tiffany said...

Well, I shall go and read Alex's blog then! The reference to the 'one person' is a girl who works at one of my clients, and always chides me for not blogging ... Hey, boring is the definition of my blog, but I keep it more as a diary for the kids than anything else ...