19 February 2008

Best In Show

Somewhere or another, I saw a word that describes someone who is obsessed with their own healthiness - not a hypochondriac, but someone who bores everyone else to tears with how WELL they are.

I have, naturally, forgotten the actual word, and can't even find it at www.wordsmith.org. Maybe I imagined it. But I have found the person for whom it was coined. I suppose it's unavoidable when one spends time in a marketing department. This person has been proclaiming, largely, about her 'detox' and how FABULOUS she is feeling. This is where I have an issue. It's her choice of words. 'Fabulous' should be reserved for occasions involving champagne. 'Fabulous' and 'brown rice' should not be uttered in the same sentence. 'Fabulous' preceded by 'I haven't eaten bread for a week and I feel ...' makes me feel sad on so many levels.

Have a fabulous day.

No comments: