11 August 2010

Legally Blonde

Every so often I think about growing my hair. Given that it's too wavy for poker hair, but not curly enough to be interesting/attractive, I was thinking about the sort-of-Jane-Birkin casual shaggy look. Trouble is, instead of looking insouciant, I just look plain old scruffy. I haven't the patience or hair maintenance skills to grow it out gracefully.

So off I went to the hairdresser and had my usual ultra-short pixie cut. Of course I want to look like Jean Seberg/Mia Farrow/Audrey Hepburn/Emma Watson but I'm approximately 100 years older than they were when they had this cut. Never mind.

I'm also contemplating growing out my grey, and blonde seemed like the logical interim measure ... unfortunately I got the weirdest colour I've ever seen. A sort of greige. No, I'm not going to take a photo. Trust me when I say that no human has ever had this hair colour naturally. I'm trying to decide whether to: 1. Give it a week to settle. 2. Run screaming back to the hairdresser and go dark again. 3. Shave it all off and buy a cute wig :)

4 comments:

materfamilias said...

Oh dear! My sympathy, altho' I suspect it may not look as bad to the world as it does to you. And it will grow out. Unless you shave it off, which you could at least get a great blog post from, especially if you give us photos. ;-)

Tiffany said...

Yes, it will grow out, especially since it's only about 3cm long in the first place! I'm not that upset, just slightly bemused ... I may get up the courage to post a photo for laughs (once I replace the camera cable the dog ate).

That's Not My Age said...

I think you should leave it, sounds like it might actually be camel - autumn's hottest colour! Give it a few days and see how you get on, you may grow to like it - and then you can post a photo.

Tiffany said...

Too funny, TNMA, I think it could be close to camel ... A colour I like to wear, just not necessarily on my head!