31 August 2010

Saturday Night Fever


I must confess to laziness on Saturday night. Spouse and I went out to see a movie in the afternoon (The Kids Are All Right) so it had to be a relatively quick prep time - I fell back on my favourite duck breasts with bacon and chestnuts, served with braised red cabbage and potatoes roasted in duck fat. Yup, super-slimming. For dessert I made baclava for the first time in about 20 years and it was surprisingly good (I'm always surprised when things work out ...).

This week is one of those crazy busy weeks with lots of work deadlines and a ridiculous amount of extra-curricular stuff also. I must learn to stop volunteering for things.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

You crack me up with your versions of "lazy" cooking! Sounds wonderful, and many, many notches up from what counts as lazy 'round here (Bacon & Tomato sandwich, anyone?!)

Tiffany said...

Yeah, maybe it's relative :) I suppose what I really mean is that I try to use Saturday to cook more challenging dishes that I don't otherwise have time to experiment with, but in this instance I fell back on something familiar ... And, really, a bacon & tomato sandwich is one of Life's Great Joys!