22 August 2010

Saturday Night Fever


Crazy busy weekend, including such highlights as doing a stint on the school cake stall (the school is also a polling booth, and we just happened to have a federal election yesterday), rigging Holden's new Laser for the first time, and eating more macaroons than is seemly.

Last night I didn't cook anything adventurous - we had lamb koftas (barbecued by Spouse) with pita bread, tabbouleh, hummous and minted yoghurt. Then we ate way too many sweet things, as we were given half a dozen boxes of baked goods by a friend who hadn't sold them at the markets ...

We had an odd selection of guests - my brother, an old friend of mine, our ex-neighbour from the old house and a sort of waif-and-stray-friend-and-her-child. I can never bear the thought that someone is spending Saturday night without company and food, so I'm a little prone to inviting anyone and everyone to join us. It usually works out.

On a sartorial note, Spouse was persuaded to buy a pair of Campers this afternoon. He always feels guilty about spending money on clothes or shoes, so I reminded him that his last pair of Campers have lasted 10 years and still look good. I think these ones will be great for summer.

Now it's Sunday evening, and I'd really rather that we could stretch the weekend by another day - it's been fun but it seems to have gone by very quickly. I don't want it to be Monday so soon!

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

That was a crazy busy day, and you make the food preparation sound like nothing after it, but WOW, that's a lot to whip up!
Your guy sounds much like mine, shopping-wise, but I bet he'll really enjoy those Campers.

Tiffany said...

Mater, I admit that I was thinking about your post about Pater's sunglasses as I was persuading Spouse to buy the shoes! He's already started enjoying them - wore them around the house all last night!