18 August 2011

Breathless

Despite resigning from the magazine that was not paying me (a first in my 16 years as a freelancer, so I should be grateful), work seems to have gone into overdrive. My dance card looks like this right now:

1. Editing custom magazine, at layout right now with designer whose main interests appear to be bodybuilding and ignoring my requests.

2. Editing 550pp book on defamation law. Enough said.

3. Teaching 1.5 days per week, split over four days, with constant changes because That Is What School Is Like.

4. Extra teaching days from time to time. See above.

5. Massive copywriting job for major new client.

For non-work entertainment I have:

1. Organising costumes for 200 children for school musical. I can't remember why I said I would do this. Perhaps because it will be Kid 2's last musical at primary school.

2. Being treasurer/registrar of the baseball club, just as we head into the summer season.

3. Cooking/cleaning/kid-wrangling and assorted other domestic duties.

Just as well I'm not good at leisure time.

6 comments:

Susan B said...

Oh my, this makes me tired just reading it!! Good luck with all of these projects.

materfamilias said...

They're making that book into a movie, you know: "I Don't KNow How She Does It" ;-)

Tiffany said...

Pseu, I thought writing it down might make it seem more manageable, but that doesn't seem to have worked! I'll get through it as I always do, but I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

Mater, I think that book should be called 'I Don't Know WHY She Does It'. In the book I seem to recall she's some corporate high flyer who - despite being so busy - manages to (almost) have an affair into the bargain. I barely have time to floss my teeth, let alone FLIRT :)

materfamilias said...

Ha!
Have you ever heard the joke about the way-too-busy-with-children stage of life when, in contrast with the High-School Dating Years (Car Sex), then the University Dating Years (Dorm-Room Sex), then the Honeymoon stage (Fancy Hotel-Room Sex) and the Newlywed Years (Every Room in the House Sex), one moves into Hallway Sex. Which is where, pissed off at one's spouse's failure to help out with chores or pissed off at her propensity to list tasks, each hisses F*** You at the other while passing in the Hallway. Sadly recognizable. . .

Tiffany said...

I hadn't heard that one, mater, but I can certainly see how it came about! This week Spouse was out of town for a couple of days for work and it actually made things easier - one less person to worry about, I guess!

Mardel said...

Geesh! Mater made me laugh though. Laughing is good, keeps you from being overwhelmed and crying.

Hang in there.