01 August 2011

2 Days in Paris

I'd like to say I've been on holidays, but I haven't. I've been working like a maniac, neglecting my children and letting my house get overrun by dust bunnies (or 'slut's wool', as Margaret Atwood referred to it in Alias Grace - strange the things that stick in my mind).

Deadlines aren't over yet. And I have somehow also managed to get saddled with organising costumes and sets for Kid 2's school musical. When I'm not having nightmares about work, I'm having nightmares about finding cheap boys' Hawaiian shirts in the middle of winter ...

BUT, there is one exciting thing I have to look forward to, which should drag me through the rest of the work/life chaos - we are going to the UK and France next year! Kid 1 will be 15, and so it will probably be the last time he willingly goes on a family holiday; it will be Kid 2's last year of primary school. I think the timing is just right.

The plan is to fly to London and spend a few days there, then head over to Paris. Again, a few days, maybe a week, in the city, then we want to rent a house somewhere for about 10 days. I need a picturesque house somewhere with markets ... Spouse requires access to the Tour.

6 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

So exciting! You must let me know when you're in London, we can meet for a coffee.

PS Sorry I seem to have missed your blog recently, you've changed the name and I hadn't realised. Oops!

Tiffany said...

It is totally exciting, isn't it?! I would love to catch up for coffee - will let you know closer to the actual date, of course, but I expect to be in London late June. I'd also love some advice on the best art, etc to be dragging my people around ...

You haven't been missing much here - I've been largely out of blog action.

materfamilias said...

That's such great news! Sounds as if you'll be there a bit later than when we usually go, but once you know the dates, I'm going to see how much wiggle room there is to play with our plans -- it would be so great to meet up in Paris!

Tiffany said...

Mater, that would be amazing if we could meet in Paris! I will definitely keep you posted re dates etc.

Ivy said...

I dunno about kid 1's last family holiday. We took our four to Venice at 13, 16, 18, and 20. When we pulled up to our hotel's water gate, after crossing the lagoon and coming down the Grand Canal, 20 looked over at me and said "I'm all done thinking this trip is stupid."

Tiffany said...

Ivy, you're probably right - he may not want another trip to Disneyland, but offer him somewhere exciting ...