04 August 2011

Working Girl

I have just been offered - and accepted - some time up at school helping out with language and maths support teaching. Although this will only take up a day and a half a week in total, it will be spread over three days. This works in well with my other work - sometimes it's nice to see other human beings - but it means I need to extend my teaching wardrobe. There is no dress policy as such, but I think it's important not to wear jeans, and to make an effort. I've had winter sorted with a few wool dresses and a good pair of black pants, flat boots and Oxfords, but as the weather warms up I'm going to need some other options ...

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

Congrats on the new job. I love the ease of dresses in the summer and have quite a few that can stand up to regular wear and washing.

Tiffany said...

Thanks, mater. Spouse is cranky because he thinks the teaching is underpaid and interferes with my ability to earn 'real' money, but I really love it. Dresses are tricky for me because I have NO waist, but since I found a few for winter, I'm just going to have to do a proper search for appropriate summer ones.