30 June 2008

Green Eggs and Ham

I've already used Green Eggs and Ham as a post title. So I'm using it again because otherwise I will get stuck and not be able to post anything.

On Saturday I decided to bake a ham for dinner, mostly for the joy of leftovers and ham bones in soup or sauerkraut. So on Sunday morning, naturally, we had to have an omelette (or frittata or whatever you want to call it) with leftover ham, leftover roast spuds and eggs from the Community Garden chooks. The eggs were so searingly yellow the omelette looked dangerous. But I'm still alive.

On Sunday Andrew decided we had to be tourists and check out Newington Armory (not that he works for the Minister for the Arts or anything). There was a great exhibition of Chinese propaganda posters, plus artwork by Chinese artists and artists working to a Chinese theme. Andrew and I bought about $100K worth of art. In our heads. I've worked out that this is why you need a BIG house with lots of white walls - for all that wonderful ART out there.

No comments: