18 September 2008

Ben Hur

As in bigger than. Planning Phoebe's party, I sensibly took into account: 1. That it's on a long weekend; and 2. some of the invitees are children with allergies (whose parents might be expected not to let them out of their sight).

Serves me right for thinking I'm clever, doesn't it? THREE of the invitees are bringing Mum, Dad AND junior sibling. I booked for 15 - we now have 26. As Phoebe herself rightly pointed out 'It's not really MY party anymore, is it?'. Sigh.

So, let's look on the bright side. It means everyone thinks camping is a swell idea. It means I don't have to take any responsbility for the children who've brought their own entourage. It probably also means that the entire birthday cake will get eaten, for once (barring allergic children, OF COURSE).

Truly, I am trying to regain my enthusiasm for the whole concept.

No comments: