01 September 2008

The Cable Guy


I don't blog about knitting for two reasons. 1. I am so slack that it takes me months to finish anything, not because I am a slow knitter, but because I lose interest and start doing something else. 2. Lots of other people have fascinating knitblogs on which they somehow manage to knit millions of things and take lovely photos. Yup.

Anyway, I've been knitting this jumper (in black, minus zip) for Andrew since early winter, after a number of false starts. Yesterday being - as he so ungratefully pointed out - the last day of winter, I finally finished it. This was a satisfying conclusion to a wet Sunday, I must say. The weather also took the hint and today it is positively spring-ish.

And no, there are no cables. I want to knit an aran for him, but somehow they look so, um, daggy, even though the knitting itself is beautiful.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I see you couldn't get Andrew to model the sweater for you. It looks great! Nana would be proud of you; I'm just awed!

Tiffany said...

Oh, he'd model if I asked him, just he'd probably scowl and look horrible.