23 September 2008

Cheese

Yeah, try finding a movie title with 'cheese' in it that doesn't involve Tom & Jerry. This one is apparently in production, due for release next year.

After (somewhat over)catering for school's 125-year anniversary cocktail party on Friday night, I came home with, you guessed it, lots of cheese. About 2kg of fresh ricotta, in fact. On Saturday night I made a ricotta and asparagus tart. Then I avoided the ricotta for two days. Today, feeling desperately guilty that I'd have to throw it out if I hadn't used it, and also wishing to create some space in the fridge, I made a sweet baked ricotta. I will be the only person in this house to eat it, of course, but I plan to have it for breakfast every day with raspberry coulis. Because I can. Then I made a few dozen ricotta gnocchi to go in the freezer. And tonight Andrew and I will eat pasta stirred through with ricotta, smoked salmon and peas (I forgot to get broad beans, which was what I really fancied). The smoked salmon was also left over, but it's not exactly difficult to get rid of ...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

How I envy you that ricotta! Can't you make ricotta pancakes and deep-freeze them? I think I have a good ricotta recipe on file, will email it to you if I find it.